Welcome to Jack T. Elementary School. I hope this year proves to be a positive and exciting experience for you and your child(ren).
Student needs and safety are at the forefront of every program, policy, event, and experience planned at our school. The teachers and staff at JTF are dedicated professionals who look forward to helping every child grow academically and socially. We will strive to provide developmentally appropriate instruction and practices that will instill a love for learning in each child.
I encourage you to actively participate in your child(ren)’s education. Regularly checking homework, listening to your child read regularly, engaging in positive conversations about school , helping with projects, and attending school events will help your child(ren) have a great year. If you are willing to go the extra mile for our school, you are invited to join our PTO (Parent/Teacher Organization) to help make decisions and provide resources and experiences for our children.
Please read through this handbook and share its contents with your child(ren). If you need additional information, have ideas to share, or concerns that need to be addressed, feel free to call our school office or come by for a visit. My door is always open!
Thank you for trusting your child(ren) to our care and partnering with us to make 2023-2024 a great school year!
Travis Moore, Principal
The mission of Jack T. Farrar Elementary School is that all students will perform, achieve, and succeed.
Through a collaborative effort among teachers, students, and stakeholders, we envision Jack T. Farrar Elementary School as a place where children develop the skills to meet the continuing challenges of a changing world. We plan to do this by the use of data drive decision-making processes, focused instruction and providing a positive and encouraging culture for learning. Our goal is to help every child reach his/her full academic potential.
Jack T. Farrar Elementary believes:
- All students have the right to learn, and all teachers have the right to teach in a safe and secure environment.
- The home, school, and community should share in the nurturing and education of our students.
- Communication among stakeholders (administration, staff, students, parents, and community) is essential for a positive learning experience.
- Every child should have the opportunity to achieve through technology-based learning.
- Our staff has the responsibility of providing a challenging curriculum which meets the diverse needs of each child.
- A strong character education program promotes good citizenship by encouraging responsibility, respect, and cooperation.
- Stakeholders should be involved in decision and policy-making processes.
- Effective faculty collaboration fosters quality teaching and supports professional growth.
- A variety of assessment methods will effectively reflect student growth and achievement.
- 21st Century CLC Grant
- After School Care
- Cancellation Of School
- Cell Phone Policy
- Discipline Plan
- Dress Code
- Field Trips
- Health and Medication
- Instructional Supplies
- Lost and Found
- Lunch & Breakfast Programs
- Moment of Silence
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Personal Items
- Policies and Procedures
- PreSchool/Child-Find Programs
- Report Cards
- Response to Intervention
- Staff Qualifications
- Student Information Cards
- Student Media Access Opt-Out/Student Privacy Information
- Title I Services
- Unsafe School Choices